December 8, 2007
Windows Mobile 6.1 – Video
Finally a video walkthrough of the much awaited Windows Mobile 6.1. Boy Genuis Report provides us with the video and the new features it has.
* Copy / Paste (finally!)
* Domain Enroll in Settings (Enrolling in a domain will connect your device with company resources.)
* New home screen (pan left and right to check out missed calls, notifications like email, sms, etc.)
* Change Master Security Code
* Added text input settings
* Recent Programs when pressing Start menu
* Threaded SMS!
* When you compose an email, or SMS, and start typing the name of the contact in the “To:” field, the contact names finally pop up like Windows Mobile Professional!
* Internet Explorer now lets you define a homepage, and also zoom in and out using a nice and clean interface
* Task Manager now shows CPU usage as a whole, and also lists it by process
* Internet Explorer offers 6 zoom modes and copy / paste functionality
* IE also uses a new font, which looks worlds better
* ActiveSync will now try to automatically configure your Exchange settings once you enter an email address
* Wi-Fi indicator in the status bar, just as in Windows Mobile Professional
* New “Vista” home screen and theme