August 12, 2008
Top 10 Star Wars factsby Dhiram Shah
Released in May 25, 1977 Star Wars has been one of the most successful Sc-Fi franchisee making George Lucas, R2D2, Han Solo, Darth Vader and Yoda household names.
Here are 10 facts on Star Wars which will broaden your vision of the force.
10) Antony Daniels, who plays C-3PO, and Kenny Baker, who plays R-2D2, are the only two actors who have acted in all six Star Wars films.
9) The Star Wars films, including the merchandise and not including the latest movie and its spin-offs, is estimated to have earned $11.5 billion to date.
8) The Wookiee Chewbacca was inspired by George Lucas’ beloved dog Indiana – an Alaskan malamute.
7) For the word Jedi, George Lucas was inspired by the Japanese phrase Jidai Geki, which refers to a drama set in medieval Japan during the time of the Samurai. .
6) All the Star Wars movies have been released in the US in May, always a week after George Lucas’ birthday on May 14.
5) James Earl Jones, whose voice is used for Darth Vader, is also the voice which says, ‘This is CNN.’
The force continues after the jump.
4) Composer John Williams won an Oscar for his score for Star Wars. The music was later named by the American Film Institute as the greatest film score of all time.
3) The first trilogy’s most famous line — ‘I am your father’ — was never actually delivered by Darth Vader. On the sets, Vader told Luke Skywalker Obi-Wan killed your father.’ George Lucas added the line later.
2) In The Return of the Jedi, Darth Vader’s funeral scene was added much later. It was shot near Skywalker Ranch, George Lucas’ home in California.
1) The original title of The Return of the Jedi was Revenge of the Jedi. This title was dropped because Revenge is not a Jedi-like trait. But the movie released with the earlier title in Japan.
John Williams Star Wars theme
NHK Symphony Orchestra, Tokyo plays the greatest background score ever
The Imperial March played by the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra.