August 29, 2008
Full-Size Drivable Star Wars X-34 Landspeeder Replica
Daniel Deutsch built a full sized drivable X-34 Landspeeder in his garage. The antigravity craft was used by Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Episode I and IV.
We built this fiberglass replica landspeeder last spring from the ground up on a custom aluminum chassis. The electric drive system is capable of a top speed around 25 mph. The speeder is the same size as the original, and can travel several miles on a single battery charge.
(More images and features after the jump)
* DLP video projector from the hologram unit projecting video from an ipod.
* Audio with over 50 R2 sounds.
* Periscope that rises.
* Dome rotation, Body movement.
* Utility arms that open individually.
* Front doors open individually.
* Smoke Machine.
* Moving Hologram projector.
Daniel’s website has more details and photos via Geekalerts.